You may know that Smead is known in the office supply industry for their high quality organizational solutions. What you may not know is that Smead develops environmentally friendly products and uses recycled materials on nearly 75% of their packaging. Offices everywhere are turning to Smead for professional report covers made from a minimum of 10% post consumer waste materials. Here is a look at their products.
- Two Pocket Portfolios. These are great for keeping both papers and electronic media together. A die cut slot in the back cover safely stores a CD or DVD while one in the front holds a business card. The dual pockets are reinforced at the sides for extra stability. Color choices abound for this folder made from heavyweight paper stock. The professional looking outer finish is accomplished by an embossed leatherette grain. These portfolios hold 100 sheets of paper and come in your choice of black, lavender, red, teal, white, blue, dark blue, gray, orange, yellow, green, or ivory. You can also purchase them in a color assortment package.
- The Two Pocket Portfolio also has a single color (blue) available with an antimicrobial agent additive in the materials. This allows it to resist the growth of bacteria, fungi, mold, and mildew. As a result, germs are less likely to be found on this folder, making it ideal for use in hospitals, schools, and daycares.
- Two Pocket Tang Fastener Portfolios. A sturdy tang fastener turns an ordinary folder into a three ring binder. Up to a half inch of paper can be securely fastened for storage and presentation needs with this metal unit. The dual pockets also feature slits for a business card and media. A rich leatherette cover, made from 10% post consumer waste materials, comes in dark blue, green, red, yellow, and blue.
- Clear Tang Fastener Cover Report. These translucent covers allow you to view the title page while the document is closed. The back cover is still made from heavyweight leatherette stock. They are made from 50% post consumer recycled content and come in dark blue, green, red, black, and blue.
- Prong Fastener PressGuard Cover. These covers use a Tyvek hinge and can hold two or three inches worth of paper, depending on which model you get. The prong fastener is rated for up to 600 sheets of paper. A 20pt pressboard cover completes the look and the entire item is made from 60% recycled materials. Several sizes are available including ledger, both horizontal and vertical letter sizes, and legal size. Color choices include red, black, green, bright red, yellow, blue, dark blue, and gray.
As you can see, if you’re looking for a greener report cover, Smead has several options to choose from. Students, teachers, daycare workers, and other professionals will appreciate the high quality construction of these products. And if you choose the antimicrobial folder, you’ll receive the added benefit of stopping germs before they multiply. The next time you need a folder for your report, proposal, or presentation, consider a Smead product.